Here is a sample of our trivia questions. Highlight the area next to the answer to see the…well, answers
1) This Saturday is Crazy Nate’s birthday – what year was he born?
2) What are the names of the two major US banks that collapsed in March?
ANSWER Silicon Valley Bank and Signature Bank
3) What is the popular Danish word that describes a feeling of coziness and contentment?
ANSWER “Hygge” (Hoo-ga)
4) In Europe, what color is used to identify the most difficult grade of ski slope?
5) Since 2015, Justin Trudeau has been Prime Minister of Canada. What is the first name of his father,
who was also Prime Minister between 1968 and 1979?
6) If you get on the U1 U-Bahn in Fürth Hardhöhe and take it all the way to the final stop, where are
ANSWER Langwasser Süd
7) What is the capital of Indonesia?
8) The iconic quote “To be, or not to be, that is the question” is from which William Shakespeare play?
9) In the American NFL, which of these four quarterbacks has thrown the most touchdowns in league
1. Brett Favre
2. Peyton Manning
3. Drew Brees
4. Tom Brady
ANSWER Tom Brady
10) What was Victoria Beckham’s surname before she married David Beckham?
11) Around the world, Nuremberg has 13 sister (twin) cities – what is its sister city in the UK?
12) In the classic boardgame Dungeons and Dragons, what name is given to the player nominated as the
lead organizer and storyteller?
ANSWER Dungeon Master
13) Contrary to popular belief, an aircraft’s “black box” is not actually black, but a color officially called
14) Starting with “N”, what was the most popular name for new-born German boys in 2022?
15) Which team in the German Bundesliga is known as “Die Geißböcke” (The Billygoats)?
ANSWER FC Köln
Punk Effin’ Rock!
1) Name the artist and song from these lyrics:
“Echoes of reggae
Comin’ through my bedroom wall
Havin’ a party up next door
But I’m sittin’ here all alone.”
ANSWER “Ruby Soho” by Rancid
2) Which legendary punk rock band has a guitarist named Fletcher Dragge?
3) Which famous punk-rock band has a hand-drawn mascot named Milo?
ANSWER The Descendents
4) Name the artist and song from these opening lyrics:
“Now the king told the boogie men
You have to let that raga drop
The oil down the desert way
Has been shaken to the top.”
ANSWER “Rock the Casbah” by The Clash
5) Which founding member of the Sex Pistols died in 1979?
ANSWER Sid Vicious
6) Which of these five was NOT a member of the Ramones?
7) Name the artist and song from these lyrics:
“Like the latest fashion
Like a spreading disease
The kids are strappin’ on their way to the classroom
Getting weapons with the greatest of ease.”
ANSWER “Come out and play” by the Offspring
8) Which punk rock band has members named Eric Melvin and El Hefe?
9) What does the band acronym “AFI” stand for?
ANSWER A Fire Inside
10) In 1980, Bad Religion guitarist Brett Gurewitz founded which punk rock record label?
ANSWER Epitaph Records
11) Which US punk band has released albums titled “Revolutions Per Minute”, “Siren Song of the
Counterculture”, and “The Sufferer” The Witness”?
ANSWER Rise Against
12) Which legendary punk band has a lead singer named Glen Danzig?
ANSWER The Misfits
13) Name the artist and song from these lyrics:
“Stormin’ through the party like my name was El Niño
When I’m hangin out drinkin’ in the back of an El Camino.”
ANSWER “Fat Lip” by Sum 41
14) Released in 1995, what was the name of Blink 182’s debut album?
ANSWER Cheshire Cat
15) Which punk band had a hit song with a cover of Nena’s “99 Red Balloons”?
Film & TV
1) In the 2000 film “Dude, where’s my car?”, which two words do Jesse and Chester get tattooed on
ANSWER “Dude” and “Sweet”
2) Which 1989 film coined the iconic line “If you built it, they will come”?
ANSWER Field of Dreams
3) Name the film from this one-sentence description:
“A record company intern is hired to accompany an out-of-control British rock star to a concert in a
famous LA theater.”
ANSWER Get Him to the Greek
4) What is the 8 th and final rule of Fight Club?
ANSWER “If this is your first night at fight club, you have to fight.”
5) A new TV series based on a popular book is “____ ____ and the six”?
ANSWER Daisy Jones
6) Which new French comedy movie features a parody of the Power Rangers called the “Tobacco
ANSWER “Smoking Causes Coughing” (Fumer Fait Tousser)
7) Which film from 1996 starred David Arquette, Drew Barrymore, Courtney Cox, and Neve Campbell?
8) Which classic 70s sitcom featured characters named Barbarino, Epstein, Horshack, and Washington?
ANSWER Welcome Back, Kotter
9) Name the Japanese anime TV series from this one-sentence description:
“After his hometown is destroyed and his mother is killed, young Eren Jaeger vows to cleanse the earth of
the giant humanoids that have brought humanity to the brink of extinction.”
ANSWER Attack on Titan
10) In 2004, US filmmaker Morgan Spurlock released which popular documentary?
ANSWER Super Size Me
11) name the TV series from this one-sentence description:
“97 years after a nuclear war destroyed civilization, a spaceship housing humanity's lone survivors sends
a group of juvenile delinquents back to Earth, hoping to repopulate the planet.”
ANSWER The 100
12) Which Malaysian actress won an Oscar for her leading role in “Everything Everywhere All at Once”?
ANSWER Michelle Yeoh
13) Which actor is providing the voice of Bowser in the new Super Mario Brothers Movie?
ANSWER Jack Black
14) Name the TV show from this one-sentence description:
“A recently-divorced cop adopts a police dog who lost his former companion, and together they solve
crimes in and around Vienna.”
ANSWER Kommissar (Inspector) Rex
15) Which 90s comedy film stars two characters named Sidney Deane and Billy Hoyle?
ANSWER White Men Can’t Jump
1) Which classic hard-rock band has a drummer with only one arm?
ANSWER Def Leppard
2) In 1976, which American band sang the iconic line “Don’t fear the reaper”?
ANSWER Blue Oyster Cult
3) In 2015, which artist said “All I wanna do is get high by the beach”?
ANSWER Lana Del Ray
4) Name the artist and song from these lyrics:
“I hear the drums echoing tonight
But she hears only whispers of some quiet conversation
She’s coming in, 12:30 flight
Her moonlit wings reflect the stars that guide me towards salvation.”
ANSWER Africa by Toto
5) In 1980, Ian Curtis, the singer of UK band Joy Division committed suicide. Later that year, the
remaining members went on to form which other highly successful band?
ANSWER New Order
6) Which classic rock band had members named Ray Manzarek, Robby Krieger, and John Densmore?
ANSWER The Doors
7) A full-length vinyl record (33) is 12 inches wide; how many inches wide is a single (45) record?
8) In 1991, which US group had a hit song all about “Things that make you go hmmm”?
ANSWER C+C Music Factory
9) In 1972, which American artist said the iconic line “Hey baby, take a walk on the wild side.”
ANSWER Lou Reed
10) Name the artist and song from these lyrics:
“And I don’t want you and I don’t need you
Don’t bother to resist, or I’ll beat you
It’s not your fault that you’re always wrong
The weak ones are there to justify the strong.”
ANSWER “Beautiful People” by Marylin Manson
11) In 1988, which rock band said “Every rose has its thorn, just like every night has its dawn, just like
every cowboy sings a sad, sad song.”
12) Name a member of the Black Eyes Peas who isn’t wil.i.am or Fergie.
ANSWER Kim Hill, Taboo, and apl.de.ap
13) Which female singer claims she’ll stare directly at the sun, but never in the mirror?
ANSWER Taylor Swift
14) In 1996, which US R&B group had a worldwide hit with “No Diggity”?
15) Complete these lyrics from “Song 2” by Blur:
“When I feel heavy-metal (Woo-hoo)
And I’m pins and I’m needles (Woo-hoo)
Well I lie and I’m easy
All of the time but I’m never sure why I need you
____ ____ ____ ____.”
ANSWER “Pleased to meet you”
Bonus Round: Things you might know
but probably shouldn’t
1. What is the name of the most expensive Tinder subscription?
2. What is the name of Donald Trump’s social media platform?
3. The act of “figging” involves inserting a small piece of what into someone’s anus?
4. What does Ben Shapiro’s wife do for a living?
5. What is the name of Logan Paul’s energy drink?
6. What is the name of Andrew Tate’s online university?
7. What was the name of the pizzeria at the center of the “Pizzagate” scandal?
8. In 2000, Jimmy Fallon wore blackface on Saturday Night live to impersonate which celebrity?
9. If someone ejaculates on your neck and/or upper chest, they have just given you a what?
10. What part of the female anatomy is Quentin Tarantino obsessed with?
1. Tinder Platinum
2. TRUTH Social
4. She is a doctor
6. Hustler’s University
7. Comet Ping Pong
8. Chris Rock
9. A pearl necklace